Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
esoxman

Camping on Vermilion

10 posts in this topic

I am looking for any suggestions for Tenting on the lake. Chasing muskies so would like to stay somewhere on the east end of the lake. Need to be able to plug in the boat also. Any suggestions out there???

Moccasin Point, McKinley Park or Hoo Doo Point. I think Moc Pt and McK Park have docks with power out to them.

Was just at hoodoo point and alot of sites are right on the water you can park your boat at the sight on the right side of the point

There's a forest service campground on the east end of Wakemup bay, with docks for your boat. Don't know about plugins at the dock.

I don't even know the name of the island but it doesn't have any electricity so this is a useless post but I was 16 and 17 north side of pine island south of bear creek half a mile or so... great little island plus tons of secret spots and not just any secret spot around that area.. sorry about the no power part..

Quote:

There's a forest service campground on the east end of Wakemup bay, with docks for your boat. Don't know about plugins at the dock.

That one's a Minnesota DNR campground. It is managed by Bear Head (Contact Us Please) Park. Give the park a call if you are looking at that one.

Not sure why the "Lak3 Stat3" part of the park is getting a "Contact Us Please." I didn't realize that those two together were dirty and/or offensive words crazy.gifconfused.gif

It could have something to do with another site like Fishing Minnesota with a name similar to those two words in a row caseymcq.

Which was started by some folks who weren't happy on FM because they kept getting censored.... funny how that works, isn't it?

Quote:

Which was started by some folks who weren't happy on FM because they kept getting censored.... funny how that works, isn't it?

It's quite difficult to figure out what's legal or not legal on this forum. I once got threatend with excommunication by some fellow named 'Rick' because I gave a fellow my email address!

Thanks for the info. We were able to get a site at Moccasin Point. Sounds like they have what we need, ground, electric, dock and access to the Big V.

Thanks again for the replies!