Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rip_Some_Lip

Little Falls Shore Fishing

3 posts in this topic

I will be up at Little Falls next week for a class for work and was wondering if there is any shore fishing spots close by? If anyone knows of anything, please point me in the right direction. It will be all catch and release because I am staying at the Super 8 motel. Thanks for any replies.

Quote:

I will be up at Little Falls next week for a class for work and was wondering if there is any shore fishing spots close by? If anyone knows of anything, please point me in the right direction. It will be all catch and release because I am staying at the Super 8 motel. Thanks for any replies.

I don't know about Little Falls itself...

However... If you go south (Aproximately 10 miles) on Hwy 10 from Little Falls to the Town of Royalton... You'll hit a Stop lights... Take a right... Go over the railroad tracks...

About a mile down there's a sportsman's park on the right. (Costs like $5 donation in a box to use it.) There are some smallie opportunities along that shore.

OR... If you go past the sportsman's park you come to a bridge about a half mile down... I've seen guys shore fishing the Mississippi out there.

Then there's also Blanchard Dam... (Which is probably your best chance for a bite.)

While I've been to Blanchard Dam 8-10 times... It's been years, and I don't know that I Can give you good directions... I would stop in a gas station in Royalton and ask for directions... I'm sure the entire population of the town has shore fished Blanchard Dam in their lives.

You can fish above or below the dam right in town. The whole west shoreline from the bridge to Larson boats is fishable(it's a city park). Below the dam is two more parks, one on each side of the river. You should be able to hook into some smallies in any of these spots. Good Luck