Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kgpcr4

Bad Medicine help one more time PLEASE!

3 posts in this topic

Its been alot of years since i fished the lake and am wondering where to head for walleyes in the evening. also what kind of bite after dark and what seems to work on the lake. I know how to fish so i just need a few pointers on what works on Bad Medicine for the walleyes. Also any good sunfish lake close by? Thanks guys for all your help! Much appreciated!!!!!!!!

Can't help much with locations but am interested. I'm trolling the shoreline 17 fow with fatheads and leeches. I don't spend a lot of time on the lake in the evening but I've caught two eaters this summer with this presentation. Guess it's the price paid for swimming and sitting around the fire rather than learning the spots.

The report from the Bad Medicine Lake Association meeting was that walleye numbers are up but they're still small. Please release the little guys and things should be good in a year or two. Seen some pictures of a couple nice one's at Veronens though.

I no expert by any means, but we've vacationed on Bad Medicine every August for the last 35+ years and usually find walleyes on the classic spots, points and underwater humps.

Some nights deeper, some nights shallower.

Jigs or Lindy rigs with leeches and crawlers.

Trolling plugs should work, but I haven't tried it much.

The water tends to be very clear so light leaders or fluorocarbon work well.

You will probably pick up a few smallmouth fishing walleye territory, also.

Bass Lake just across the road to the east has sunfish and crappies, and Elbow Lake just west of Bad Medicine used to be good for sunfish, but I haven't fished either for a number of years now.

My 2 cents worth.