Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Waldowski

Open seat today - Anyone game??

13 posts in this topic

wild1.JPG

wild2.JPG

wild3.JPG

wild4.JPG

Great pixs! Didn't know they put seats on surf boards?

I was actually going this morning...til I saw the wind blowing , LOL...too tough for me and my boat!

Paul,

Sounds and looks like the night you e-mailed me last Sept when there was a post on 6ft waves, and you were out trolling cranks.

Go get 'em!!!!

I`m game...nice walleye chop

Paul,

looks like you'll need help leveling the dock this weekend smile.gif

I would be casting Raps off the dock, the fish must all be washed up there.

Later,

Kevin

cool pics! i love big waves! i would be the one sitting out on the doc, in that open seat, watching & thinking...

is that your boat paul? ive only seen it once at night. its a nice boat lift and the way the boat is on it makes the most sense. you dont see many boats on lifts bow to the lake. the wind will only be bad coming from the direction it is in the pictures. it can blow all it wants from other directions because of the land protection. even in worse case scenarios like the pictures, you still can get the boat on it providing its deep enough to drive around. if not im sure you do just fine improvising... ;-)

so, in the dark, if the wind is still blowing, someone might do just great casting shad raps or jigs & minnows or ... off that dock!

regards,

minnesoatatuff

I would assume that the reason you have an open seat is because the other guy fell out and drown in the waves? Just kidding. Looks like fun. Do you think my 14 footer will make it out there?

Here are a couple quick questions that ran through my mind. Are we going to be back trolling? Where is my life jacket? I hope you have about 6 drift socks. I want to know where the Kayak came from....the other side of the lake? How is the Undertow?

Guys,

The wind just continues to blow!!!

Thanks for all of the responses. When it gets that brutal outside there's not a lot else that you can do other than watch the sand pile in on our resort burying the grass frown.gif

Paul,

Have you heard any forecasts for the weekend? I am planning to be up on the pond fishing and if there is much wind, I will need to stay close in to the calm side. 14 footer with a 15. The boat has been on the lake before and I am very comfortable running it, but not if it gets really bad.

Thanks,

Tom

"Pull up the drift sock, it's time for another drift." tongue.gif

Nice pics,

Corey Bechtold

Tom,

If it was me I would be launching out of Garrison and staying close to the NW side of the lake as it looks like it is going to blow for a few more days.