Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
picksbigwagon

first time on Waconia help please

4 posts in this topic

I (hopefully) will be fishing Waconia for the first time tomorrow, is there a bait shop near there or am I best off stopping at cabin fever and talking to the guys there? Is there a lake near victoria you would recommend for bass and northerns at this time of the year, how is Bavaria for fishing? Thanks for the help

PBW,

On the lake there is the In Town Marina. They have bait and a great access. I think it's $10 to use. Also the staff there is full of good info. Great people. So are the guys at Cabin fever. Both places can give you all the info you need for the local bite.

Good luck, let us know how you do.

Beak

Picks,

I recommend Cabin Fever, go ask for Jeffy. He's full of off-color jokes too.

I like Bavaria, it has a definitive milfoil edge most of the way around, but I like focusing on the east and west edges of the lakes for norts' and bass.

As much as I like Bavaria, I would go to Steiger or Auburn over it if I was given the choice. The bass are a little bigger on average, and Steiger gives you a chance at some better than average sized northerns. I belive Steiger is still c & r on gamefish--FYI.

Auburn may hold the state bass record, but I've heard of largies pushing 6-7 on Steiger too.

Good luck, let us know how you do.

I'd skip on Waconia and go to Cabin fever and then fish Auburn...lots of pike in there...we always have good luck at auburn.