• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Morneau...any bets on the home run derby?

Stratosman

I'm thinkin early elimination....first timer jitters and all.

I'm thinkin that it might be a Philly trifecta, three years in a row and back to back for Howard.

Windy

Quote:

I'm thinkin early elimination....first timer jitters and all.

I'll be surised if he doesn't make th final!

Just happy to see someone with the TC on their helmet in it. How longs it been since we have had one?

I like his chances, he can sure put them out anywhere in the park as he has power to all fields. If he hits at the bottom of the first round he might have a good chance. Give him a chance to see what he needs to advance and save some of that power for the finals.. Just good to see a local boy in it. { the secret word for today is chance]

I believe Hunter was in it four years ago...out first round. Well Morneau stunk it up I thought but the rest of the first rounders didn't do much better...He was way too anxious swinging at those inside pitches from Gardy..

Happy to see Guererro win it.

I guess I'm not sure how Morneu stunk it up? He hit 4 HR's more than about half of the field,and was in a swing off for the next round. Thought he represented the Twins well. Also considering the fact that no left handers made the 2nd round should tell a person how hard it is to hit a HR in the park in the first place. cool.gif

I thought he did well, he also had one foul/over the fence, and one liner hit high off the right field wall. He hit 2 gold balls out which shows how he handles pressure. I don't think any of the next 6 batters hit a gold ball out in the first round.

Well I meant to say I thought he was stinking it up since he was the first batter and only hit four home runs...then the others batted and the top number wasn't much better, that made hime look better. He was swinging at some bad pitches, if would have been a bit more patient, he would have advanced.

Lefties were at a BIG disadvantage in that park, much deeper and he hit the wall a couple times, they would have been homers in the other corner.

And the fact the wind was blowing from right to left, kinda takes the pull factor away from the lefties.