Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big drift

Echo Trail info request

3 posts in this topic

Well we were drawn for the Zone 33 moose tag on the Echo trail area. Asked on the DUluth Ely forum a while back but figured it would not hurt to ask around somemore.

We are spending ten days up there fishing, grouse hunting, duck hunting and of course Moossin'. If anyone has some info I would appreaciate it, we are planning on a couple of camping trips as the season gets closer but real time info is nice to hear also, thanks in advance

We've been camping, fishing, grouse and deer hunting the western 25 miles of the Echotrail for many years but not moose hunting. Several years ago we would see several moose over the entire area. Last fall while grouse hunting we talked about how many years it's been since the three of us have seen a moose West of the #200 Forest Road. I know it's not much for details, but we see more moose sign East of that point. Thats about 11 miles in from the Buyck, MN. end of the Echotrail. As you may know the statewide moose population is in a rapid decline. Good luck.

Echo,

I appreaciate the response and we are also planning on focusing east of FR 200, we are staying at Lake Jeanette for a campsite. We also picked up a aerial map photo with contour lines to focus on water sources if there it is not all dried up. Our area we are focusing is between the BWCA areas no farther west of 200 and no farther east of Big Lake. If you hear or see anything i would appreaciate hearing from you my email is jwnoraas@paulbunyan (Contact Us Please) net.

If your around during the season stop by for a visit if your of a mind I am sure beverages would be available.