• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hows the fishing up your way or have you been busy on the house?

We've been scratching out some gills for a meal heare and there, but that is about it.

As you mentioned, I have been working the house. Replaced the patio door, and tore the deck down. New one is going back up now.

Lookee lookee what the cat dragged in. cool.gif

Goot to see ya guys hangin arount. I hope you're having a great summer. I just got back into some fishing last week after a month off.

Here's the definition of patience; Watching the Redhead back the trailer in and load the boat all by herself for the first time, while I stand there with my arm hanging out of the socket. shocked.gifgrin.gifshocked.gif

Nothin spectacular, jumped a tad to the metal ramp at a public access dock with wet boots on, wooosh, tried to break my fall with my arm, pop.

Two hours later it got put back in place. I'm slowly getting back in the game. It's nice that my physical therapist is....HOT! grin.gif "How does that feel?" "Gooooood" laugh.gif

Good Lord,

Look at the bunch on this thread....

Here's a quick but very interesting story for ya,

DO ELEPHANTS REALLY HAVE MEMORIES? AN INTERESTING STORY!

In 1986, Mkele Mbembe was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from

Northwestern University. On a hike through the bush, he came across a

young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Mbembe approached it very carefully.

He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's foot and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could while being in great fear for his life, Mbembe worked the wood out with a small pocket knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.

The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments. Mbembe stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away.

Mbembe never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Mbembe was walking through the Brookfield Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Mbembe and his son Tapu were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Mbembe, lifted its front foot off the ground, and then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering the encounter in 1986, Mbembe couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant. It kept raising it's foot, and staring at Mbembe.

Summoning up his courage, he climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.

The elephant then trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Mbembe's legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same elephant. tongue.gif