Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
terryt

Koronis bass

8 posts in this topic

does anyone know how the bass bite is on koronis. i will be there on the 14th.

I was talking to a few people in Richmond today when i went to get some monster, and they were saying that the lake has been slow for everything. I have not fished it all year, but from what i was told, its been a tough beat.

It's been tought this summer. I haven't found many big bass fishing for eyes, which I normally do this time of year. The walleyes have been inconsistent. Sometimes good, other times very tough. Some nice gilles showing up on the weedline.

Good Luck!

How is the bass/walleye fishing on koronis in late september? More importantly, how is the boat traffic? That's what's keeping me off the lake during the summer months. But I definitely want to give it a try.

Like most of the lakes in the area the bite gets better and you'll have a lot less company.

Hey terryt - I just got back from koronis the 11th.

Caught lots of bass- mostly 12-14" and only a couple eyes - only kept one 20". Some 18-22" bass all biting the same- very short.

Had a couple decent perch mixed in.

I found a spot in 15-20' jigging crawlers or leeches through the weeds. Try to beat the crowd near the bouy by the 3rd island. Water temp very warm. Good luck- hope this helps.

winofisher

I hit Koronis today and my first fish was a fat 21.5" smallie. Caught him in 14 fow. Lots of nice smallies suspended over deep water cahsing baitfish to the surface. Some nice eyes as well off the weed edge.

Good Luck!

Was on Koronis various times from 7/7 thru 7/21. The lake is full of small Largemouths along the weed edges. Can't remember seeing that many Largemouths in the past, almost a nusance. Quality eyes in 20 - 30 fow of water around 2nd and 3rd island on leeches and crawlers but that slacked off the week of 7/14 after days of wind. Got nice pike and an occasional very nice walleye fast trolling cranks in the outlet bay.