Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MNcatter

fishin granite falls friday night.

4 posts in this topic

I hit the river up with the boat on friday night, we caught 6 smaller channels, 3 turtles and no flatheads! We didnt even have a run, i went downstream about 4 or 5 miles and it is pretty shallow, hit 1 rock with the motor, and i wasnt to happy as its brand new!

Mn Glad to see someone down there! I've been down Granite area 3 times only till evening,lots a channels.The river charts show the dams are gettin back to normal flow rates,I thought the water was too high so fish were scattered,I'm goin down soon for 3 nights,I'd normally have spent 3 trips by now of 3 nights each but the high water kept me away!! What were the water levels,normal ? high yet? Well any way I've been waitin too long camper goes on tomorrow. WHERE DID YOU PUT IN ?? cool.gif

I put in on the 67 landing, deepest water i found was right by the landing about 15 ft deep, but going down stream is hairy, with an average depth about 4 feet. there are some very shallow areas like 2.5 feet and they are rocky you really gotta watch out, we should get together sometime and fish up there.

I go down on tues.and come home fri.I shore fish,I'll let ya know when I go.Looks like the ole girl isn't goin this time,but she may change her mind.I'll be down by 1 week from now but maybe sooner I hate weekends,no peace!My Email add. is in my profile click on my title sparcebag