Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LovenLifeGuy

Fish smell in truck

11 posts in this topic

Over the 4th of July I had my wife pick me up some crappie minnows while up north. she put the bag of minnows on the passenger seat and she said the rubber band poped off and they went everywhere. I removed all the minows I could find but it still smells. Anyone know how to get rid of the stink?

I feel like a grumpy old man frown.gif

Thanks, LovenLifeGuy

pure, fresh, lemon juice. Not concentrate. I bet you could cut one in half and scrub with the cut side.

Give it up! Been there! Sell the truck, quick! grin.gif

I would try the skunk off recipe. Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, dish soap. Do a search you should be able to find it. If it works on skunk scent it will work on anything.

Fresh grass clippings. Eliminated the smell of vomit in a family vehicle.

Well I work in the trucking industry. If we go to pick up a load and the trailer stinks from hauling a load of fish or what ever what we use is coffee grounds works every time pour them in the trailer let them sit and sweep them out later. You could try it. Works in trailers

Thanks everyone!

I will give some a shot.

Your vehicle will smell like a pantry by the time your done removing all the smell. Try using the commercial carpet deoderizer. Worked in my boat to remove the fish smell.

You could try charcoal. Just put a half dozen pieces in a jar and punch some holes in the lid. Leave it in there for a few days. I did this with a refrigerator that we forgot a pound of hamburger in once. The smell was gone in 2 or 3 days.

It had been sitting in there for a couple weeks up at the lake, and the power to the trailer was off. Nice surprise when we got back up there! shocked.gif

Maybe try baking soda on the seat and carpet to get it out of them.

Good Luck!

Coffee grounds are the best smell removal approach.If you use any soap,lemon juice,"wet"approach only seems to spread the spill out more.imo coffee is the best way.Spread it out on the spill and let it absorb the stanky for 24 hours or so.Hope this helps.c63 grin.gif

If the smell is on the seats, avoid lemon juice contact for too long as it is strong enough acid to damage the fabric if left on there long enough. Peroxide will bleach the seat if left on for too long as well. You could try a carwash that cleans interiors. My dad brought his Grand Marquis to a place, they cleaned the interior (made his leather seats look brand new) and exterior in about an hour for $50. Some place in St. Paul I could ask him where if you want.