Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Walleye_king

Boats below Sartell dam...

Walleye_king

I often see boats below the sartel dam and was wondering where these guys are putting in at? I have a Skeeter 1790 tiller and have never been there before. Any tips for walleyes there?

How are the conditions? does a guy need to be very careful not to hit anything?

Thanks-

Mike

river rat316

If your talking the paper mill dam your not making it with that boat, unless theres some secret launch I don't know about

Ralph Wiggum

Yup, you'll never make it! That stretch of river is a killer. RiverPro is your best bet!

CaptainMusky

Quote:

Yup, you'll never make it! That stretch of river is a killer. RiverPro is your best bet!

Guys have put in right under the bridge by the Holiday (formerly Super America). I haven't done it myself, but I have seen some sizeable boats in there over the years. It would be tougher to get down to the water with your truck I think than to get your boat in.

uphill

Is it easy to get a back say a 14 foot fishing boat down by the bridge?

Sartell Angler

easy--not especially. Can it be done--sure. I know it is pretty rutted up down there and you run a pretty good chance of nailin' a few rocks but if there is a will there is a way. Personally I don't think it is the best time of year to fish down there anyways.

Good luck if you give 'er a try.

Stick in Mud

This time of year, a canoe or small jonboat is your only option. The access under the Sartell bridge is very bad--impossible I'd say. You need something small and light enough to carry.

I was up there Monday in a canoe and caught more catfish than I could shake a stick at. I'm not a cat guy myself, so it wasn't ideal, but it was fun, especially the bigger ones. I bet we caught one catfish for every minute that our lines were in the water. The rest of the time was fighting, baiting, netting, etc. We got a few nice bass and no walleyes. Oh, one giant sunfish and a few of those state-record rock bass that we all catch in the river but no one actually cares enough about to go weight them. smile.gif

Walleye_king

Thanks guys, guess that is out-

lol

mike