Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
browning_gold

lake washington

browning_gold

fished friday night from 630 - 1030 caught one small walleye and a 16in smallmouth and snagged a huge carp casting shad raps in front of the culvert that goes into stella anyone having any luck out there?

bapperpimp

Lake Washington gets slower as the season goes on. We did pretty well on the opener and then had a couple walleyes last weekend, but as the water warms up, the walleyes seem to go hiding. I usually switch over to Stella as the water temp goes up - unless I am fishing for bass.

browning_gold

i have never fished stella where would you recomend trying? casting or trolling?

LMITOUT

Welcome to Fishing MN browning_gold! cool.gif

bapperpimp

Where to fish on Stella? I like to fish the east side of the lake on the weedline right out from the little homemade access there. The weedline is usually around 10 feet or so. Also, if you start from the northeast corner, there is a nice drop off from the first point. Also, try over by the RV park on the southwest side and then a lot of guys fish the "fingers" on the west side of the lake. I have never had much lake in that area, but Iknow other guys have.

bassNspear

email sent bapperpimp

Boedigheimer

Browning, I grew up in Darwin, and spent alot of time on Stella. There is a small point between the landing and the RV park that is worth a look, as mentioned the bars on the west side, the bay in the northwest side, and of course the main point. The west bars and the point have mainly sand with scattered rock while the bays are mostly mud/weeds. The best way that I found to get bit was a live-bait rig with the best crawler or leech you can find, plain hook, long snell, no color or spinner, plain jane is best. Or, troll cranks after dark. If your fishing during the day don't be afraid to fish deep, 25-30ft. If you get high winds for awhile they can be shallower, but most of the time we got them pretty deep. You have a good chance of getting a nice smallie to. good luck

bassNspear

Buddy was out there this morning, and i just got a call that he hit the rocks and took out the lower unit.

LMITOUT

Ouch. What area of the lake? I was up there last Friday and noticed something floating so I motored over to it slowly and the bottom came up quick so I retreated. I got close enough to see that someone had put a homemade buoy out to mark a shallow spot. This was over on the north side at the opening of that bay that extends to the north. I know it's shallow over there, but this was quite a ways out from the mouth of the bay.

ktjig

I saw that same marker on Wednesday night. It was right on a weedline and someone told me it was where they were controlling milfoil. If you are facing North from there, there is an old roadbed that goes from the main point from the West, toward Sportsmans park. I live in that bay and it comes up quick on that roadbed, be very careful. Trim up and you can cross it.

KMR85

even early in the year this spot is only a couple feet deep. no matter what time of year your motor should be trimmed up going across this. you can see it great on a fish graph, but she comes up quick so be careful.

bassNspear

Rail Road.