Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gonfishn

next week

4 posts in this topic

First timer coming up next week with the family to White Eagle. Hoping to put the kids (and me) on some Walleye, small mouth action, maybe a northern or two. Any ideas on where we should start? Fished Rainy a few times...Should we fish Vermillion similarly?

Cliff Wagenbach is the person you should contact, that is if he does not respond to your question here. Shoot him an email, he is a moderator on FM.com, and an outstanding guide on Vermilion, click on one of his posts and I am sure you will find his email address, with a little looking. He is more than willing to give you information. Tell him Darrell told you to contact him, wait better not say that, he may not respond at all grin.gif Good luck, never fished Rainy, but I would imagine they can't be that much different. Have not been up for a couple of weeks, so can not give you a current report.

i am also an excellent guide,,,,you are coming at what is usually the start of some great fishing on the west end....yes you can fish the same as rainy....lindys and spinners will work well....smallies are fairly easy...fish them like you would anywhere else.....weedlines and sand is what you will want to look for for the eyes.....good luck and may the kids catch all the fish!!!!!! smile.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

First timer coming up next week with the family to White Eagle.

If you see me at the dock (blue-over-tan Smoker with Evinrude ETec on back) or at the "Prairie Schooner" RV, stop and say hello. I'll let you know what's been working (or not) for me.