Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fishcanoe's Fishing Report July 1-7

1 post in this topic

Spent the week in the Battle Lake Area and had some OK fishing, but sure could have been better. Lots of people fishing Waldo's on Silver, saw one nice fish boated, I got one 18" on leaches. Tried all the spots - trolling drifting and casting with bait and cranks from 10'-25' rocks and deep weed edges. Saw people thinking they had one but it turned out to be a bass or worse a rocky.

The kids caught some nice bass(and gils) off the dock including an 18" bruser by my 7 year old. Now that was an exciting fight - the fish went under the dock and around the boat lift, all the while he's cranking that spin caster as fast as he can. It dosen't get much better than that.

I also fished AB and the large blue gills were hitting poppers on the fly rod in the morning -thats fun.

My older boy and I tried bowfishing on German. Shot at a few bowfins and one gar - didn't hit anything but it was fun. There was one other boat doing the same thing - they said they had two gar.

All in all it was a fun week - sure wish I could have gotten waldo's though. They seem difficult to catch on Silver, or maybe I'm just not competent or dedicated enough to catch them. Good luck out there