• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I noticed TV6 had a story about a Piranha being caught in Albert Lea Lake and the fish looked like it was eating very well. Maybe this global warming thing is a little more serious than I thought.

I'm sure it eats well for the summer its able to survive. I have one and it chows on any and everything I put in its tank.

• 3 weeks later...

i known of 6 been caught in the last 4 yrs, one of them by a friend of mine, its sitting in his taxademy shop, it was caught by gary hanson of gary's life like, and the little boy who caught it, his dad is my buddy nicknamed bucky. that one gary caught was at the swimming beach 3 days later 2 more caught. i beileve they can take cold water, i noticed quite a few crappies, bullhead, 3 walleyes had fresh wounds on the back and tails. so far 5 been caught as i know of. scary stuff, watch some little kid with a cut foot or hand, not a good sight to see.

They are unlikely to attack humans. Especially in such small numbers. In South America where kids play in the water there could be hoardes of Pirahnas swimming near by and won't touch a single human.