• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heading up to bemidji state park next thursday can anyone give me any info on muskie fishing in the area. We have never been up there fishing before just looking for general colors and tactics all fish are cpr . Also we may want a guide for a half day or so any suggestions. Thanks

Brian Truax is a great guide in the area for muskies! We have a muskie guide as well if you're interested...

I've seen quite a few 'ski's while walleye fishing, and actually had one rip up a 13" 'eye while I was reeling it in. Saw a dead 51.5" fish last night on the East side of the lake, what a shame! Bulldawg's and hair have been talk thus far, any color works as long as it's black and orange.... wink.gif Typical tactics, work the breaks, there's tons of cabbage, and find some of the midlake stuff to pitch as well.

Good luck while you're up!

If you're looking to fish Bemidji itself, Kevin Cochran is another great guide. He lives just a couple minutes from the lake and spends the majority of his time there. He puts some giants in the boat and I know he's been seeing a lot more active fish as of late.

If you're willing to head east 20 miles and hit Cass Lake, Brian Jones knows the lake as well as any and he'll work his butt off to put you on fish.

Aaron

I talked to Brian jones couple times and today met his dad after several phone contacts.

These seem to be some pretty good family and would just like to pass this on.

Will try to get guide day by him ,should be good experience.