• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

good shore spots?

Hi Im new to the st cloud area and I like to fish all the time i was just wondering if anyone could give me some info on some shore spots.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The rivers have good shore access. Below the 10th st dam you can find walleyes. smallie, crappies, sunfish, catfish, pike, suckers, carp, etc. Below the dam in Cold Spring on the Sauk you'll catch pretty much the same.

Good Luck!

thanks for the info I have tryed the dam in cold spring and got 2 eyes (pink jig head and a 3in white power grub) I have also fished the "5 mile bridge" on koronis had luck early in the spring but now the water is to low and weedy.

the elk river in many spots is good for pike, crap ,redhorse,suckers,walleyes,even crappies.

i second what borch said. there are plenty of spots on the riverside park side beside the dam itself, just walk along the bank and you'll see, then on the campus side there is the pier and two accesses that can be fished w/o getting your feet wet. you can also walk down the bike path and find places to fish further down. what i like to do is put on some water shoes and get out on the islands when it's low, take it one step at a time and you'll find water all to yourself. polarized glasses help you see any fish in the area and the bigger rocks so you dont trip on them.