• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I went out to Tetonka this AM. The northerns and Walleyes are chasing White Bass. The White Bass are around 6" long. The last two times I've gone out all the Walleye have come from around tight schools of White Bass. The bite seams to build as the schools compress then quit as if someone turn off a switch. We are catching the Walleye's on larger profile bait like #7 jointed shad raps in 12-18 FOW on inside turns in the dropoff.

The moss is breaking loose from the bottom and is making a mess of the lake along with making a good trolling run next to imposable.

Good luck!

12 - 18'? Holy Buckets! That's a change. I'll find out just what is impossible or not tomorrow afternoon/evening and all day Monday. grin.gif

Thanks for the report dude.

We went out this AM, from 6-11:00. We fished the 10-20FOW zone. It was fantastic!

1 Walleye

4 Lm Bass

6 Drum

15 White Bass

Over 20 Northerns that were from 22" to 26".

In case you missed it, that was four Lm Bass to one Walleye from deep water! I see this alot this time of year. As for the northerns, we could have cought more if I hadn't switched to a monster Muskie lure.

#7 or a size smaller jointed Shad rap type lures were just to much for them to resist.

I have never been to Tetonka, just wondering if there are any shore fishing spots for white bass or notherns?

I was out with the family this afternoon and early evening scouting for a guide trip tomorrow. Didn't run into anything overly consistent but I think we'll be able to stay busy. Trolling for me too unless something changes my mind. I had to vacate the area that has produced though and headed way West. I'll post a more detailed report tomorrow evening.

After the wind picked up yesterday we did some trolling near the landing to the DNR fishing pier. There were plenty of 22-23" Northerns and white Bass in the area.

caught seven pike the other day within about an hour.

just casting in front of the pier so i would think you could catch them from shore

You guys are killing me. 2 weeks still no boat. Hopefully I'll be on the water (Tetonka) tomorrow after work.

I'll help pour some salt in the wound with a report and pictures shortly. The 'eye fishing today was better than good. grin.gif

After hauling grain all day, I made it to the lake just before 7:00 pm. I decided to fish for northerns which I rarely do. Started out trolling a #5 shad rap in 8 to 10 feet and caught half a dozen sheepies and white bass in 40 minutes. I switched to a #7 tail dancer and went to 12 feet. In the next 40 minutes I caught a 28" northern, a 16" walleye and a super-thick 36" northern. The last fish was way too big for my rubbber-mesh net so I landed it by hand--easier then I thought it would be. A quick measurement and she was back in the lake, no worse for the wear hopefully. By the way, the fish that hit the hardest--was the walleye.

smile.gif

Game on! Boats back in my driveway. I'll be on Tetonka tonight after work! smile.gif

Boat motor is in the shop and it will be awhile befor they can get to it. Is the fishing pier by the access any good? How deep does it get off the pier? Motor has been in the shop for 2 weeks now and need to get out fishing this tuesday before I have a break down.

In front of the pier is a nice location for multi-species action. You can expect to catch about anything but the 'eyes, northerns and bass seem to be active there now.

The water at the end of the pier is not all that deep. There is a drop off of around 6-8' just past the end of it though and 12FOW is not that far off. I would try casting to the north east.

Im thinking of going to Tetonka either saturday or sunday early morning and will be fishing from the dock/shore...does anyone have any reports that would come in handy...has the cool weather helped the bite?

Went out to Tetonka tonight and didn't get ANYTHING. I tried shad raps, spinnger, worm lures with jig heads, topwaters, and even the good ol leech and jig on a slip bobber rig. I tried by tree cover, shallow and deep (less than 10 feet and then greater than 10 feet). I think I just wasn't in the right spots. I heard a bunch of the guys loading their boat saying they did good on pike, bass, and 'eyes. I saw a couple of guys pulling in several nice pike.

I must be doing something wrong.

we had fishing league out there last night,some real nice baskets of bass coming from 1ft water.few nice walleyes from 13ft on leeches.me& my partner landed a 3lber an lost a 4-5lber at the boat trolling #7 walley divers in 13ft& quite a few northerns brought in biggest being 5.5lbs.all&all a good nightbiggest bass was a nice 5.5lber smile.gif

Thanks Jamison and Muddog for that info.I may have to go out their this tuesday.

No, I don't think this cold front has helped the bite. I find as long as the water temp is slowly going up, the bite just keeps getting better. When the water temp stops going up, the good bite slowly starts falling apart. Last week we were out in front of a cold front and had a barometer reading of 29.85 after a week of 30.1. In other word; right place, right time.

I did have a very good Bass bite the night before on another lake. So it wasn't just Tetonka that was turned on last weekend.

If you are looking to catch some Northerns on Tetonka. the bite seem to start around 9am out from the landing. We were there today and so were the Northerns, White Bass, Drum and Lg Mouth Bass. The bite was slowed but we did catch a fish every 3rd trip pasted the dock.

I turned 50 today, so we were in Tom M's boat today. My boat will be in the water tomorrow and I'm heading to Frances.

Yerterday I went to a differant lake with the better half. I cought a 11.4 lb Buffalo. What a blast.

I love the new avatar. "Master of the multi-species" strikes again. grin.gif

whats a good spot a guy could fish from shore or a dock for northerns and walleye?!?!?

The swimming beach on the E end near the Cannon River outlet, off Best Point Resort (if allowed) and the fishing pier near the hatchery are all locations worthy of an effort.

Do you like the 7.7lb Flat Head I cought yesterday? grin.gif

Oh, by the way. All the fish you will see are cought on crankbaits. Not the Bass, They were cought on plastic.

You're switching avatars too fast. I can't keep up.

Nice 'eye. grin.gif

Well, I found myself back on Tetonka again this AM. The 3lb Bass were on the first break in wind blown area and alot of fun.

I moved to an area were I though I would find some Walleyes and ran into some Poor sport fishermen. When I arrived at the bar there were two boat on the north side so I started to set up for a trolling run on the south side of the bar. As I moved up to the bar the two boats started to move straight at me. I turned to the left and the two boat turned to stay right in front of me so I turned sharp to the right and lost one boat. The other boat (a pontoon boat) turned with me. On the right turn I came up on the depth I wanted to troll so I moved along the breakline. As I move along I was shadowed by the pontoon boat. After a run of around 75 yards a Walleye was hooked and came to the boat. After unhooking the fish and replacing it in the lake, I watched the pontoon move up to the area where the fish took the bait. They placed a marker on the break line, backed off 20 feet and put an anchor down, compleatly cutting me off from the area. Man, what some people will do for the almighty Walleye. I moved to another area.

3 nice Bass over 3lbs, 3eye and 2 pike along with an 8lb carp from another lake. All on crankbait trolled in 10-12 FOW.

my buddy and i are going out there tomorrow and i was wondering how the walleye and the northern are biting. the only thing is that we have to fish from shore. and i was wondering if there are any other spots besides the pier that are good for walleye and northern. any suggestions?

If, I were to go there without a boat??? I would get wet! The water is fine. I would wade out and fish from the landing to the fishing pier and the landing to willow point. If willow point was working as a wind break I would fish the edge of the wave chop and work away from it. There is a sharp dropoff near willow point and a good size shallow flat north of the point.

A large shallow flat with deep water(20'+) nearby ='s Fish.

Find some lures that run shallow and cast far, Kast-masters,X-raps and such. Cast, cast, cast. Once your in the water you have the whole lake. You might want to talk to some of the resort oweners. They may let you have lake access if you buy a sandwich and a sota while you talk to them about it.