Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g'eye pilot

non-fishing question

7 posts in this topic

Southern Mn g'eye pilot here... Does anyone know of a horse backing riding outfit in the Grand Rapids - Winni area (or nearby?) I've been surfing around the tourism sites, and not coming up with any concrete connections. Looking for a couple alternative activities for the cabin/fishing vacation next week. How about water parks, anything of that nature in the neighborhood? Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

yowzers.............not much else to do in the northwoods. You do a canoeing deal down the Mississippi????

G'eye, I don't know about horseback but go to the little park service building on 43 a few miles north of gosh dam place just past the bridge over little cutfoot they have different area attractions pamphlets. We did it last year it was pretty interesting to see the old CCC camps there was also a driving loop that had different things to see one was an old fire tower to climb up very very cool you can see a long ways. Hope this helps

the closest horseback rental that I know of is next to brezzy point in Pequot Lakes. Its kind of a jont from Grand rapids.

Actually I know of a couple in the area...

Double K Stables 218-245-3814, Grand Rapids

Evergreen Riding Stables 218-246-2417, Deer River

Putt-N-Go Waterpark, 218-751-7333, Bemidji

Have FUN!!

Thanks HIGHBANKS, really appreciate the info... I tried the Double K outfit, but seemed to have a bum phone #. I'll have to double check the #.

I hope to get over to Winni for at least one day trip during our stay at the cabin. How much do you charge to launch a boat??? Hopefully I'll run into you.

Yeah - I tried the number myself and got some wierd BEEP! So I investigated a little further and found out that the business was sold off in May!! Maybe try the Deer River business - they are brand new in the area and offer riding services.

If you get a chance stop by the lodge and introduce yourself!! Launch is $10.