Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buzbunni

Carver Launch

6 posts in this topic

Hi gang,

Hey, I'm taking a newbie out fishing tonight and was wondering if anyone may know the status of the Carver launch? Also, is the trestle passable? Last weekend we had problems launching at Carver because of the mudline at the bottom of the ramp, I kept banging the trailer lights into it (good thing it was the FishinLogician's trailer grin.gif).

Thanks for any updates. Good luck fishing tonight!

I know a couple guys who passed through there the other night and they had to have gone through the tressle, so that is passable, as far as the launch, I can't help you with that, but I do know the water level has come down quite a bit, so either it's worse, or they cleaned it and it's better. Not much help at all. frown.gif

I think they might have cleaned it up a bit. We took the dog down there the other evening for a run, and lots of the mud around the landing appears to be gone.

We launched there last night (Friday) and it was just fine.

Manage a seven pound walleye and two small flatheads. One cat was almost cute. He was around 4 pounds. The other flatty was 10-12#.

The tressel is clear. Go through on the left; going upstream.

tweed

You are prolly done fishing by now but if not, the launch was fine and the tressle was good on the left, as stated already. Good luck!

Thanks for the info everybody. We decided to go out of Shakopee and had a decent night. We had 5 or so runs, and managed to land 2 smaller flats. As usual, it was great being on the river, but it sure was warm last night. We had the river water temp at 83 degrees! Bumped into a couple of objects, but we were going slow so no worries. The river sure has dropped a lot, even since last weekend.