Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EXTREME

Women on Water Tourney

2 posts in this topic

Don't forget all you fisherwomen out there that the Women on Water Tourney is being held at the Pines Resort on Winnie this Sunday. I don't know the details, but I know there are still openings if anybody is interested. The girls really have a good time at this one. Good luck

Hey Kyle,

How's summer treating you? I haven't been in the boat nearly as much as I'd like. I was wondering how the gals did last weekend. I'll have to stop in at Fred's and get the scoop!

Brian

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Juan Grande
      Thanks guys!  We tried kayak fishing last year (around Labor Day I think) and the Rum was way too high.  We launched on CR 7 between Blue and Green lake and just ended up paddling the river.  Is that a good stretch for smallies?
    • ANYFISH2
      wow, that is one dark walleye!
    • ANYFISH2
      And no reports make forums no good. Participation is what makes this place great.   Do not discourage that!
    • IRISHSOBNO4
    • Chill62
      Decided to fish Big Detroit saturday with a buddy.  Had bites but my 24 v 75#  trolling motor couldn't keep me in place so that sucked.  When we left the access to go fishing I asked the young man how late they were open till so I could make it back in time to get washed since I was going to fish a different lake on Sunday morning with the nephews.  I will be here till 5:30!  Sounds good see you before 5!  Fishing sucked, Wind BLEW, RAIN SUCKED!  So we packed up at 4:30 drove to access get there around 4:40 and they are gone!  Hot on my heels is a local fishing guide and he wasn't happy also because he had the same game plan.  Was told that there would be one at Melissa till 5 pm religiously.  Got there by 4:55 and they were gone from that lake too.  I honestly don't feel comfortable enough to do a safe job washing since I don't have a pressure washer and I really don't want to spread the Zebra Mussels from lake to lake and I know it was only a few hours 5-6 but honestly whats the point of AIS being there if they don't stay till the house they are supposed to be?  There was an easy half dozen boat trailers still at the access so it wasn't like we were the only two left at the access.  
    • huskybass
      Had some fun Saturday morning crashing through the lily pads on a small metro lake.  2 fish over 5 lbs and every fish absolutely choked the bait.  All I want to do is throw top water now, haha.  Wish I had longer arms or a partner in the boat for a decent photo.  
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      I really hope they don't screw this place up. I love it out there and have done a lot of hunting there. I sure wish there were fewer horse trails. It shouldn't be so easy for hunters to access all the woods. That makes it harder to get away from the guys who want to hunt no more than 50 yds from a gravel road.    The dunes seems like a pretty special place to me. DNR does a lot of things that leave is scratching our heads, let's hope they manage this place properly. 
      Im staying at Arrowwood July 2-5 and looking to catch some 'eyes for a fish fry or 2. Never been to the area before so I dont have much to go by other than my overall knowledge of Walleye fishing elsewhere. Ill probably be fishing early mornings and dusk for obvious reasons, but also because my boat will be used for the majority of the days for entertaining the girlfriends family. Im open to fishing not only Darling, but Carlos and Le Homme Dieu as well. 

From what ive read and can see on Google Earth, the lakes are pretty clear, and from experience, usually means tough walleye fishing for this time of year. -I grew up fishing Woman Lake in the Longville/Hackensack area and that lake is as clear as they come. The only way we can snag some 'eyes in the summer is to fish the deep weed lines. Is that the approach I should be taking on these lakes? Does dragging rapalas across mid-lake flats produce? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Gavin.
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      Ha, I've read stories about that lake being filthy. And I know about those warnings on the link you posted I just wonder if this stuff is blown out of proportion. Reason being I can't find any confirmed cases of people having mercury poisoning from eating freshwater fish. I know mercury poisoning does exist but can we really get it from fish? You'd think if we could then there would be cases down south where folks are eating catfish from the Mississippi.    We ate a few 30+" Pike during the ice season, I ate more than my wife, and I only did that from lakes that are safer according to DNR and MDH fish tissue surveys. I kept it to once a week for her and I ate the rest. I went over the one meal a week rule several times for myself, but then went a while without taking home fish while the season was closed. I'm not glowing yet haha.    I also don't understand why walleye are always the riskiest fish to eat per those surveys when Pike are above them on the food chain. 
    • h8go4s
      Surely they have a Terrova on the floor. Doesn't matter what size THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME. Also, boat dealers have showrooms with all kinds of stuff mounted on boats.