Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snake River  King

musky area???

6 posts in this topic

hello I was woundering were I could go to get muskys? Im not looking for specific spots just something to point me in the right direction? I will be heading out in Isle bay thanxs

Pick a weed line or rock reef and start fishing. Im not joking. The hole lake holds fish so if you can find the cabage there will be fish in the area. Same goes for the rocks.

Duck

Thanks mabey I try for some today

SRK

how deep generally do yall fish muskies up there? shallow as in 5ft or deep as in the 30ft flats?

Quote:

how deep generally do yall fish muskies up there? shallow as in 5ft or deep as in the 30ft flats?

The answer to your second question is yes. Kind of like Duck said in regards to spots, all areas can hold fish if the conditions are right. I tend to concentrate my efforts in as shallow as 1 foot and out to about 18 to 20. But there's fish out in 30+ as well. Just have to find where the active fish are on that particular day.

Aaron

Every year several walleye fisherman land big muskies fishing spinners on the flats, but I think you will have more consistent success fishing 20 fow and less...at least I have.