Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaydog

can't find fish

12 posts in this topic

hav been fishing some lakes in central mn for walleyes not doing so good

J What lakes ya fishin? confused.gif

Right now key on weed edges, especially with the wind pounding in.

Good Luck!

I fish in the Alexandria area. The walleyes were a little slow, but many lakes had great crappie fishing.

Now the crappies have slowed down, and the walleyes are biting great. At least on the 2-3 lakes I like to fish on....

briggs lake, fish trap, sullivan, & elk lake

dont have trouble finding crappies

Jaydog, I feel for ya buddy. I got the same problem with golf balls.

Good Luck with the walleyes on those lakes......might want to try Green in Princeton or Blue in Zimmerman but walleye are tough around these parts!!!

Don't feel left out, Upper Red locked up for almost two weeks, last couple of days it has started firing back up, crazy how that lockjaw can cover the whole state sometimes.

last week got one 15" walleye missed a couple of bites

on briggs but on the opening got three nice walleyes missed one big one all in two hours!!

Caught 16" and a baby 8" with a red #4 inline spinner. Seven feet of water on the weed line. A lake 5 mins or so away from coon rapids. Went out around 8pm and got off near 9:30. Kinda tough with this hot weather.

We'll hope you find them. Let us know if ya slaughter some.

With the chop on Osakis yesterday, I would have thought the 'eye's would have been easy picking. We threw everything at them. Leeches, vertical jigging drop offs with crawlers, bottom bouncing, slip bobbers, tossing cranks, with very little results.

The 3 boys and I just got back to the waterville area fron Alex. area, we fished 3 different lakes in the Alex area, the walleyes we caught were all in 8 ft. of water in the weeds or close to the weeds on the chop sides of the lakes. If you weren;t cleaning weeds off, you were not gettig bites