Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Capt. Quicksteel

Foreigners at the lake

5 posts in this topic

Thought I'd give you guys an update. Instead of a restaurant we decided to feed our two overseas guests at home. We fried walleyes fresh from the lake and it turned out great. They had never been on an up-north boat ride so we then took about an hour long evening cruise on the Fourth of July. They were amazed at the expanse of water, the wildlife and the cabins on islands...etc. Then, just as we were heading back we were driving by Retreat Lodge and some guy caught a 40 inch musky off their dock and they got to see the whole thing. I'm not sure I quite got across to them why the fish was released and not eaten but I tried! These guys are from a province in India on the Arabian Sea and I asked them what they thought of America so far. Their response was thought provoking! They said they were amazed at how "clean and safe" it is. One of them had lived in Germany for 10 years and they have both been all over the world. They said the pollution and crowding and violence were terrible in Europe and elsewhere. One of them said, "your ecology has been so well preserved". We in America are contantly complaining and striving to improve things here to the point that we often lose sight of how wonderful things really are. We should have Thanksgiving about 4 times a year and take it seriously! Now if the muskies would just start to cooperate, I'd be really thankful!!!

Great post!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Points out how fortunate we really are and how we need to work to preserve our good life style and environment around us.

Good read. Enjoyed it!

Hey, Basscatcher, hate to break the news, but them ain't bass you're holding in the photo. ooo.gif

Absolutely not! grin.gif Long story made short, it's a CB handle my grandpa gave me as a young lad after a trip to LOW where I caught bunches of smallies. Thought I'd use it as a username, but it is misleading. wink.gif