Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Holm

Bullheads in Rochester

5 posts in this topic

It’s kinda an awkward request (I know), but I’m looking for a place in Rochester that has an ample supply of bullheads that can be caught. I’m starting to get into this flathead catfishing deal and the bait of choice seems to be these 5-7” bullheads. It’s tough (and spendy) to buy these bullies, so catching them is the next best thing.

Please email me if you don’t want to publish the info. I’d gladly exchange hotspots if that interests you.

PS.. It takes about 20-25ish bullheads per trip.

I used to catch lots of bullheads directly below the dam at silver lake. You could stand on the bridge (on the side closest to the dam) and look down and see large schools of bullies sitting right outside the current. I would drop a hook and a worm right into the midlle and pull them up. I haven't done this in awhile but it might be worth a try. smile.gif

I've seen people catch them off the dock at willow creek reservoir before with crawlers on the bottom. You'd probably have to deal with the sunnies, though.

I agree with muskylover9.The schools of bullheads where he is talking about is huge and should'nt take much to get your 25.Please see if you can make a dent in the population as they seem to take over water everywhere.I think South Dakota should call it their state fish.

if you want to make a run or if its on the way to were you git flatheads i know right in the town of northfeild theres a dam/waterfall on the cannon river it shouldn't take you more than 3 min. to git about 25 or so. just use worms on the bottum.