Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ufatz

Generally poor fishing?

3 posts in this topic

Not really whining about it but GREATLY puzzled by what I experience. I have not had fishing this poor for the past four years. Primarily on Stalker, but others too, for mainly bass. I don't get it-by this time last summer I had already caught more fish than I could recall. Any theories? Am I alone in this experience. Surely I am not THAT poor a fisherman? confused.gif

I finally snuck out last evening for some bass action and found them shallow, 2-3'. Buzzbaits in the rushes were best. Jig N Pig worked in the shallows too, but not deep. Some great action from 6-7pm, but got worse as the sun started to set.

Tried deep and not much action, but that is my preferred method about now. I'm a bit confused too.

For the past 4 years I have noticed that bass go deep in June and July. In June I often catch nice bass while targeting walleye in 20-30'. In August I notice they return to the shallows (docks, rushes) and are eager to play.

Put some weights on plastics and start working drop offs and searching deep. If you are a spinnerbait lover, this is not the time.... zero bass on spinnerbaits this season for me. wink.gif

Yeah, I had expected some fish to move back in by now but man it has been very very slow. Ordinarily will see a fish or two cruising around my dock-this year none most of the time. I KNOW it gets better later, but for some reason assumed that, as in the past, there would be a little more action by this time in the season. Maybe I'm just hitting wrong places/lakes. Tried walleye fishin' wtih some leeches. Man that just ain't my bag.Oh well, there's always Wednesday night Bingo! grin.gif