Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marine_man

West Crooked Lake

5 posts in this topic

Anyone ever fish this lake? My family and I will be at West Crooked Lake Resort the first full week in August. There are lots of great lakes in the area - that's for sure, but has anyone fished West Crooked? I'm not looking for spots or anything.. just wondering what people have caught...

Thanks!

marine_man

I've fished it a few times. Shallow and fertile describes it. It was good for lots of smaller northerns, and panfish. There are bass also. Its a great lake to take kids. Lots of action. East crooked is real deep and clear. There's some real trophy walleyes in it, but you would need to fish them at night. Good luck.

Thanks iffy...

Anyone else ever fish this lake?

marine_man

It's a great lake for the family.....you should not have a hard time finding fish. Lots of panfish as iffy said to keep the kids really entertained. And there are some bigger fish if you look hard enough. You'll have fun......hope the new resort owners work out for you.......

Thanks for the info! If we don't find the bigger fish we'll have to hit a bunch of the other lakes in the area- there are a lot to choose from.. that's for sure! At the very minimum I'll have to stop and see Jonah and get any pertinent info!

marine_man