Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Madison report

6 posts in this topic

My wife and I hit the lake at approx 9 this am. We fished in water from 5-10 fow drifting or slowly trolling for eyes. I used 1 pole with a crawler harness and the other with a spinner and leech. Both worked as we caught a few eyes from 14-19 inches. Many others were picking up eyes approx the same size.

I talked with 4-5 people that were fishing for panfish and all said they did very well.

Not a great day but not a terrible one either.

Thank-you to the gang at Reel Fishing & tackle for giving me the directions to find some fish.

And here I thought you put a big red X on Madison. Nice job Tom.

I did but I figured that Madison would have the least amount of traffic today.

I wish I would have had to worry about boat traffic today. grin.gif

I rarely fish on weekends or holidays due to high boat traffic, water skiers or pwc. My wife wanted to do a little fishing so, I had to think of a lake that would not be overrun. Madison was not to bad except for a few pwc.

Fished the 4th. Bass action was fantastic on the spot on a spot. Color seemed to make a difference on size of the fish. Baitfish action was a key. A few nice Walleyes mixed in with the Bass. Seemed to feeding on the small schools of Bullheads.