Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
newmy14

Muskies

12 posts in this topic

What times of day are the musky hitting best? I'll be up there the 13th - 15th and would like to finally catch one. I usually fish for them mid-day and right before sunset.

My experience with having muskies follow on Vermillion (I haven't caught one on Big V yet) is that morning or evening are good times most days. If it is overcast it seems like they are a little more active durring the middle of the day than if it was clear.

I will be out with a group in that same time frame you are talking about. I am hoping at least one of us can get one in the boat too. grin.gif

Agree with Casey. Dinner till dark if you know how to get back to resort without running aground is a great time.

good luck anytime, just got back from a week on the V and seen only 5 and no bites, there is another big bug hatch going on and the activity is almost nile.

Have caught them at all times, but early morning and late evening seems to be the best for me. If they're not going during the day, give them a try after dark. GPS will help you immensely, otherwise I'd be awfully careful driving around out there after dark.

Thanks for the tips, i'll let you know how I did monday

Slow Fishing this weekend. Not much action to talk about at all. Lets say it was a long weekend of fishing.

got one yesterday on west end. huge. hit small bait.

Are the fish on the main lake reefs yet???? Im going up there next week. Also any big fih being caught, like 53 inches or bigger???? Just want to know if the big fish are moving and how long I should plan on staying there!!!

Thanks

mine was near shore. Too heavy to get in the boat with just me. So I didn't measure it. Probably best for the fish, but I would have liked to know. It was in the same class as the 51 incher I saw that the DNR trap netted.

Action has been still a little slow for me so far. I boated a nice 49" on a small reef last week but I havent even been seeing the followers I normally do. I dont think they have moved out to the mid lake stuff in full force yet but then again I havent been able to put alot of time in during "prime" hours so maybe the fish are there but not active at the times I'm tossin baits.

Netted a 45" on a white bucktail, that seems to be doin the best for me currently, i casught this one up in the west end, most action is over there for me at least,

hows everyone else doin over in the west end?