Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boxcar Wllie

Bouys

2 posts in this topic

This past weekend my fishing buddy and I were up on the pond. We caught some nice picture fish and brought 1 home for eats. We battled the east wind and of course left the rain gear at home. It was a very enjoyable outing (all be it wet towards the end). On our way back to the landing (Cove) though, we noticed that the bouys were not lit at all. It was around 11:00 so it was pretty dark and we strained to see any of the markers. Has this always been the case? If so, with the increased amount of traffic on the lake wouldn't you think they should be lit? confused.gif

cove is very difficult to find in the dark. if theres any wind it only makes it harder. the markers have reflective tape on them but you need a big spotlight... of course if you have a gps and remembered to turn it on at the landing, you just have to follow your trail in. last saturday i noticed the green bouys were not all that green. you can still tell the difference though.

just read the slot report... maybe that will ease the pressure and traffic?

regards,

minnesotatuff