Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishin5

1st time on Gull

4 posts in this topic

We have rented a house on Gull the last week of July. I know this usually translates to pretty slow fishing, but I will fish pretty hard just the same.

Any patterns, baits, locals, I should target late summer?

Thanks

web

Be sure to stop in for the latest reports. But you should be able to get a few walleyes rigging redtails along the humps and points. The bass and pike will be very active at that time too.

Jason Erlandson

If you want to just catch fish I would go to the southern end anywhere on the lake past squaw point. There are a lot of fish down there. Mostly pike and bass but all can be caught fairly easily rigging up sucker minnows for larger fish or if you just want fish use fatheads or shiners. Walleyes can be a mystery on Gull and generally require you to get up early or stay out late. They also require a decent amount of searching for a few fish. If you stick to just outside the weedlines between 14 - 20 feet and work areas with pretty good drop offs you should be able to locate a mixed bag and possibly the occasional monster eye which sometimes lurk in those areas.

Just post again before you come up to Gull and I'm sure someone will let you know what's working. The lake changes throughout the year and can be tough at times. What's working now will probably be different in a few weeks.