Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rlhs76

Faribault Shore Fishing

1 post in this topic

Would like to try fishing around the lakes west of Faribault from the shore line. Any suggestions on where there is some easy access where a family could catch some panfish.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Chill62
      As most people know there has been some recent incidents out on the ice with people falling through.  Monday two gentlemen fell through on wheelers on HOL.  One of the gentlemen is Dave Genz's brother and since they have a cabin up there I'm sure he has been on the lake more then one time.  Then on Tuesday someone fell through down by Dent on one of the Silent Lakes.  A buddy of mine was on a lake by Frazee yesterday afternoon and even though there was 12" of ice he was able to get through the ice with one hit of his spud bar.  Everyone PLEASE PLEASE be careful out there.  This ice is getting eaten up quickly!  I lost a class mate of mine when he fell through the ice trying to rescue his dog so please just take the time and stay safe.  Don't forget your rope, Spud Bar, and a life jacket if you MUST scratch that last itch!
    • rlhs76
      No boat this year.  Just wondering if there are fish to be caught from the shoreline along Lock and Dam 5 above Bass Camp.   Seems like a nice place to fish.  Any input if it would be worth the drive
    • DennisTyrl
      From Thunderbird about 20 minutes with your size motor. 
    • Cret Jigs
      Nailed the Crappies last night in 2-3 feet of water!!   They were all 9-10" and skinny runts for the length.   All were catch n release and topped off with a 18 64/65th " bass at dark!!  it was as close as 19" you could go with out being 19" LOL   What a rush on 4 pound test    Tried to take a pic and flash wouldn't work on phone      Cret
    • slowpoke
      Sorry I forgot to put their phone #.  218-385-3385. Ask for Dan or Bonnie.   Hope this helps.