Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gopher_Guy

Winona bite

5 posts in this topic

What's been hitting lately in Winona? I was going to hit Lake Winona once for some largemouth and then hit the river for some walleyes and northerns. Any tips? Haven't fished down there yet this year.

It's been a few years since I've fished Winona, but I've had luck fishing very early in the morning with topwater, especially when there is a warm weather pattern. I've had the best luck on the small lake. Throw poppers or scum frogs and you will be surprised. Not sure on river walleyes, depending on the water level, but the wing dams usually produce this time of year.

That's one heck of a fish to be caught by accident! Most of the cat guys would love to find something like that on the end of their line!

bass have been biting on lake winona.. not very clear water last time i was out.. lotta green algae.. spinners were doing the trick.. also been catching northern in the sloughs off spinners and deeper with crankbaits on inland waters..