Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyeking19

smallmouths

3 posts in this topic

I will be going up this thursday for smallmouth bass during the day and i was just wondering what everyone is using to catch them.

We just slayed them on white tubes and minnow pattern poppers!

2-4 FOW. Good Luck.

Another thing you might want to try is a split shot and a red hook 2' away tipped with a leech...Sight fishing them makes this a real easy approach. We had several near 20" last friday. Good Luck!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• eyeguy 54
      nephew was fishing a bobber and had another hole about 4 feet away. dropped the vex in and saw a mark and said, I'll get that crappie. Wham!  thought it was a northern. wrapped into his bobber line and had a great fight.  totally surprised when the perch popped up the hole. lol 
    • delcecchi
      Hey, I expressed what I have heard from the locals.   We have been summer folks for quite a while so get some access to the feelings of the locals, like our next door neighbors.      The Landing seems to have made a deliberate business decision to not target local folks but rather upscale tourists.   That is their privilege.    I choose not to patronize them.     As a guy I used to know at IBM said  "that's not the target market".  I am not the Landing's target market.      See you at the Crescent.   (or South Switch.)   (or the VFW in cook for burger night)    Lots of places to go if I want upscale.  Whistling Bird in Gilbert, several places in Ely, etc.  
    • leech~~
      Plus+1 the lake landings are going to take a huge hit this week.
    • jjohnson5150
      Blocks. Make sure it's on blocks. In case it's unclear, use blocks.  I'm more concerned about the accesses than my house. Areas with a slope and melting snow run off are going to be a mess. Add rain to the mix and it's worse. I'll be checking on my house daily and be prepared to make the move off the lake if needed. 
    • Ballyhoo
      Does the wording even change in the report or just the date?