Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerkin'm

Brief Report

7 posts in this topic

Fished the East end for a few hours midday on Sunday. Was pleasantly surprised at some decent fishing..Got 12 eyes between 15 and 22". Kept 3 16" clones for dinner. All fish were caught on a windblown rock hump. We used 3 way spinner rigs w/hammered gold spinners and crawlers. Quite a few mayflies still around but fish didn't seem to mind..

Quote:

We used 3 way spinner rigs w/hammered gold spinners and crawlers. Quite a few mayflies still around but fish didn't seem to mind..

Shhhhhh! Small metallic color spinners during mayflies..... it's a secret. Don't tell!

That's funny because I gleaned the spinner trick from someone looking for the "infiltrator" spinner kits...Ended up buying some and have really been getting good results with them...Lost quite a few on hungry rocks though...Managed to land a white plastic lawn chair on one too... grin.gif

Quote:

Managed to land a white plastic lawn chair on one too...
grin.gif

Are you going to have that mounted or do a fiberglass reproduction?

Left it at my buddies cabin for an "outside mount"...Figured it didn't have many good spawning years left so I kept it. It put up a battle in big waves but wasn't deserving of release IMO.... grin.gif

Quote:

That's funny because I gleaned the spinner trick from someone looking for the "infiltrator" spinner kits

smile.gifsmile.gif It's polite to say "thank you, Hans" grin.giflaugh.gif

Just making sure you were paying attention.. grin.gif...Oh yeah, Thank You Hans!