• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ill be back at voyageurs cove resort on the cook end from july 21st through the 28th...was wondering any reports on how good musky/northern fishing has been on the west end...got the mepps bucktails all ready grin.gif..I also forgot how to post pics is it still through photobucket??

Sue,

I'll be up there fishing the west bowl the 6th through the 9th. Will post when I get back.

Awesome, I will be on stayin on the west end july 21-26 but running all over the lake. Interested to hear what's happening.

CommonSense Guy, I would tell you the secret spot, but I don't want Bob and Ted knowing my secret spot up there. grin.gif You are lucky to be going up there with them!!

Ill be watching for the updates...ok dont tell them the secret spot on the west end....but let me know laugh.gif

Quote:

ok dont tell them the secret spot on the west end....but let me know
laugh.gif

Psssssst! Psssssst! (whisper) It's that rocky hump just offshore of the pine tree's, near the three birch trees next to the weeds by the tan cabin with the Lund by the dock.

Great, they are sure to find it now. Guess I will have to start looking for a new hot spot to fish grin.gif

At least you didn't tell them to try by that one buoy marking the rocks- Oh darn, now they know that spot too!!!

Ok, here's the deal. Sorry, but I can't paint a pretty picture for you guys, at least for the time being. I fished the west side of Vermilion last Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I put in three consecutive 20 hour days....starting at 4:00 am, and going till at least midnight every night. I fished all the classic musky structure....reefs, island complexes, points, windblown shorelines, weed lines and weedy bays, etc. Then I fished the "unclassic" structure, just to explore. I even trolled open water in head of the lakes bay because of all the baitfish suspended there. All in all, I threw the tackle box at them. I tend to get excited about the night bite when it's slow during the day, but that wasn't going either.

All together, I had four lazy follows. Saw some very nice fish laying on the reefs, that were completely inactive. I visited the fish I saw over and over again, and they were still there, but wouldn't bite. I DID hear about some fish being caught over on the east side. Why they would go over there and not on the west side, I'm not sure? This is one of those trips that shakes up your confidence, and leaves you wondering what's up? I didn't see any mayflys. The weather wasn't bad....hot, but windy which is usually ok. There was a few wind switches, which usually helps. Putting in that kind of time, something good usually happens. Like I said, I left shaking my head.

And wouldn't you know it, but a storm blew in Tuesday morning when I was leaving, and I couldn't have stayed if I wanted to (and I did). Oh well, that's fishing.

The good thing for you guys is that there's time for things to turn around...sounds like a week or 10 days till you're up there, so hopefully it'll pick up. If the west side remains slow, I wouldn't hesitate to run east if you can. Good luck, and let us know how you do.

Thanks for the update as I read your post I kept thinking things can turn around in 10 days...Im hoping all my favorite spots will pan out something...never fished the east end so I dont have any fave spots there....Ill post when Im back thanks again sue crazy.gif