• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Minnetonka

If a guy had wanted to go fishing on Lake Minnetonka for the first time, what would you all recommend to him as far as a decent launch, place to fish and so on...I fished that lake with my Dad when I was a kid, so I know there are plenty of fish in that lake and all the bays, but I don't know where to start..I need some direction...not specific honey holes or anything like that. Just don't want to get in over my head so to speak!!!

Grays bay access is really nice - only a couple yrs old now. 3 ramps and 300 parking spots, with public restroom.

Take 394 West to 101 South exit. 101 brings you right to the launch. Now 101 has or had construction on it - it could be done now - I don't know for certain. (FYI)

As for fishing - what are you after? The weeds are really thick now so weed edges should be a good place to start. Maybe those sunken reefs in Browns bay if you're after walleyes.

At dusk the walleyes should work their ways to the shallows, find an inside turn that can corral them suckers and hit em with a bobber. Um it works for ice fishing grin.gif that's about the only time I chase eyes.

The problem with Gray'S Bay is boats. I like Upper Lake better. Lunch at Maxwell Bay Spring Park , Mound