Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DRH1175

Favorite bowhunt

3 posts in this topic

If you could plan a Bow hunting trip where would it be? Looking more to the five state area and something you could do without a guide. Looks like hunting will be limited to a week or two this fall cause of work. So I want to plan like a 1 week trip somewhere.

Approx 4 years ago I hunted the Milk river area west of Glascow, Montana for whitetails. I shot a Pope & young and also saw many nice whitetails and all kinds of other wildlife.

Land access was fairly easy and the ranchers were very nice. I camped at a public campgroud on the Milk river and was there for 10 days.

If you are out there during the pheasant season, I would also purchase a small game license as the bird hunting was pretty good.

A couple years ago, 4 of us hunted muley's in the Medora, N.D. area. We did have a guide and it was like $900 a piece. We saw tons of deer and went 2 for 4 with a nice 4x4 and a 2x2. There was lots of Bureau of Land Management land out there and I believe it's all open for hunting. We were out there in mid-November when the rut was on. We did some ground blind hunting but it was mainly spot and stalk and I can't wait to try it again but would do a DIY hunt.

Brian