Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
polarsusd81

New prop...new problem.

2 posts in this topic

The new prop works awesome and all is well except one small thing. When I am running along the lake, somehow water will get into the engine, not in the powerhead but in the tray (???) the powerhead sits in. There are a couple small holes on the bottom and the water drains out eventually, but it never did this before I put the new prop on. I don't think the water is coming in from these holes as they are about 18" above the water when running and its not spalshing up at just the right angle to get in them either.

The motor is a 15 horse Mariner and I went from a beat up 9 1/4 x 12 to a new 9 1/2 x 10 1/2. The old prop wouldn't allow the boat to get on plane and was in desperate need of replacement. It pops up on plane now and runs down speedboats, but the water thing concerns me slightly. Any insight as to what might be going on? There are no leaks or anything from cooling on the motor that I can see. It is just weird.

Thanks,

Tom

When I run my 25 hp long shaft motor on my friend's short transom (the boat is rated for a 25 hp) and am up on plane, the water comes up the lower unit and into the boat over the transom.