Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rigging Guy

Walleye's in the weeds!

8 posts in this topic

What is the best way to get them walleye's out of them weeds? What techniques work the best for you?

I verticle jig or slip bobber! grin.gif

Pitching Phelp's Half Faced jigs tipped with shiners or fatheads has always been my #1 choice for fishing cabbage.

Bottom bouncers and spinners with crawlers going at a decent clip works well too. Just try to keep the bouncer at a 45 degree angle to the boat.

I have been looking for those Phlep's Half face Jigs and can't find them. Where do they sell them? What size is the best?

Oh those Weed Walleyes! Love em'! I cast Half Face Jigs or Weedless Phelps Floaters in there and pull them out quite often.

Glassguy, if you want to give me a call with your address I can send you a catalog. Thanks for the interest.

Matt

Phelps Tackle

218-766-3818

I have had best luck trolling shad raps. It can get to be a hassel, but man is it fun. We caught 6 last weekend.

I forgot to mention... pulling shad raps seems like the last the last way to fish in the weeds... we ran them ABOVE the weeds and the fish would come up to get them.

While I was prefishing for the tourney last week I found an interesting pattern. I trolled a beatle spin with an white twister tail at 2.8 to 3 mph in 4 feet of water. It produced some very nice fish. Give it a try.