Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slabslayer28

the bite is still on!

7 posts in this topic

well fishing hasnt been bad for me between 3 of us we caught around 35 walleyes id say im not going to give any certain lakes or such its a pretty small lake and to big of a crowd could wipe it out but the walleyes are still biting

Right on!

So, can you give me a hint, my Brother? wink.gif

Hitman. We did well on Lida last week. Clay point was producing for us pretty well, I was surprised by that they were up on top of the shelf in 13 fow more than they were on the dropoffs there. It was really a good week of fishing, the amazing thing was that it wasn't just walleye we were catching everything under the sun (walleyes, smallies, northern, largemouth, etc.) in the same spot and all on leeches and Lindy rigs. Most were in the slot, but we did catch a few to eat under the slot and we had a great time.

Nike --

I have been on Lida a few times and everytime I hit into 'eyes I also caught a number of other fish as well, sunnies, bass etc.

I wonder if that is a "thing" with Lida -- I know a MHD PD guy on this site that could provide us with some insight?

Thanks

Hit.

There are a few small lakes around here with a very hot walleye bite right now. Basically just trolling spinner rigs with leeches along the weed edges. Now it's going to get disgustingly hot out.

we went to the same lake again on the 4th and hammered em again 50+ eyes. they would bite anything we put down there but what work best was a hammered copper spinner just slowly reeling it in with a leech but a jighead did perform good also. we had to leave cause we ran out of leeches and we could start to feel the sunburn pretty well also. we would find little holes in the weeds just stacked with the fish

Hey leechbait , any hints to where these lakes are at?

My 2 boys and me are heading up to Menagha tommrrow and we will be ther for the week.

Hints would be helpful.

If you don't wana, I understand.

Thanks

Wazz

wazz_13@msn.com smirk.gif