• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Twin Cities Fishing

Hi.I'm from out of State.I'm visiting the twin cities area in late July and I'm staying in Bloomington but I'm visiting a convention in the St Paul Rivercenter area.

I'm renting a car and I'm pretty mobile.My skeds are loose in the early morning but moreso for the afternoons.

I have several questions I'm hoping you MN guys can help me out with:

1.Having no boat and being cheap on renting guide services, are there any shore fishing spots that produce good bass, easy to get to and safe from park muggers or wildlife?

2.Are there parks that you can rent a boat (motorized) for a budget price and fish from it?

3.Is there any good fishing in the St.Paul Rivercenter area?

I'm psyched to go on this trip as I've fished Chisago and Medicine before.Hope you guys can help me out.

In Town marnia on lake Waconia rents fishing boats and Howards Point Marina on tonka also rents fishing boats. Not sure on the cost, I would just give them a call for the details. As far as shore fishing I never fish from shore so your on your own there. Good luck.

otherwise i don't know if you can rent a canoe for lake calhoun

Phalen Lake in St. Paul (about 5 miles or so east of River Center area) has shore fishing all over the place. Decent fishing too, in general. Not sure if you can still rent a canoe from the boat house... City of St. Paul Rec should know.

Also, I think you can still rent a boat from Bobber Bait on the north end of Bald Eagle. That is about 10-15 miles north of River Center area right off of 35E.

Same with Tally's on White Bear Lake, I know they have small fishing boats and motors and I think canoes. Great fishing on WBL, for bass or pike or even muskie. Walleye are tough during the light hours, but you can catch sunnies absolutely anywhere on that lake... heh.

I don't know the south of St. Paul area. WBL and Bald Eagle are prolly the closest for renting that I know of. Good luck and have fun wherever you end up going.

If you post your days and schedule, maybe somebody here might be able to bring you for a trip. I might on White Bear if it would work out with my schedule.