Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pascooter94

long lake

14 posts in this topic

the wife and i were there today and the bass were eating!!! 7"worms on the weedline sitting in 15 ft of water and the worm never hit bottom and they were on,.

There is nice fish in that lake if you can find them!!

Hey cooter, what side of the lake did you have success on? I have been out there a few times this summer with limited success. Thanks

did ok out in front of the resort until the skiers came out then found them on the eastside.

Hey pascooter94, Do you have an email address. I have a few questions regarding Long Lake. Thanks. Either you can let me know or email me. chad@amecommunity.com

Email sent.

got it, one back at you.

Was out there last night for a club tournament. The lake itself is in bad shape. There is alot of top water weeds that is killing the fishing. For myself, and most of everyone else, we found all our fish still up in the shallows. We were fishing alot of pads with jigs, and had alot of luck. Monster fish, with a few smaller ones. All the other gus that fish deep, ended up with 2-3 fish for there bag.

We fished this lake earlier last year, and looking at it this year, man that lake gets out of control with the muck on the top.

I noticed there was a league out there last night. When you say monster fish how big are you talking?

The weeds are getting bad. I guess the head guy of the lake association doesn't think that the weeds are that bad. And he is not listening to anyone else that lives on the lake from what I hear. But something needs to be done regarding the weeds. Did you see a lot of dead fish? Or how do you know that the weeds are killing the fish?

Also, What kind of jigs do you use that are weedless for the shallows like that?

All i have to say is that guy must be sick, becuase that lake is horrible, and there needs to be something done to it to make it where it belongs. I remember when this lake was the bomb, and now going to it last night, was horrible.

I agree. I think the only way something will get done is if the homeowners get the DNR involved. If the lake association is not willing people will have to bypass them and go to the DNR I guess.

well i can tell you this. the lake is getting out of hand, and something needs to be done before it gets way out of hand. That is a great fishery, and i would hate to see it go bad.