Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyeslayer18

Thompson Ferry Access in Jordan

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of any spots near that access that i could walk to cause i dont have a boat. Im willing to hike a couple miles as long as the bite is good.Or of any spots other than Jordan that i could drive to then walk. I live in New Prague and im willing to make the drive...

walleye slayer that big sand bar to the west of that access holds fish i fished thier the other night with cut bait and live suckers had several smallish cats and a couple gar i was in your boat for a while no boat but now mine is up and running i will be putting in at that access this afternoon so maybe ill c u there will be a tan lund with a 30 horse johnson on it

yea it sucks that i dont have a boat but that spot has produced fish for me so i guess thats all that counts.

My buddy and I fished East of the 282 north bridge and west of the access this weekend. The entrance to the access is just before the bridge on the right hand side. Theres a huge sprawling area of no current to the right and to the left of the access and its never busy. About 30 feet out is when the current hits, and its deeper. The bottem is Sandy with nice sized scattered rocks. My buddy caught a 15+ pound carp, and i reeled in a few baby cats. We used night crawlers but they get picked clean of the hook most of the time from the little guys out there. Who knows, maybe try cut up sucker/chub. Im thinking about bringing a can of corn next time cuz Im sick of those nibblin lil'uns.

I live in new prague too, and often times have room in my boat during the week.

maybe sometime youll have to take me out cause yea i live in new prague and go fishing all the time. that would be awesome!!!

It's funny, because I've had the best luck at the launch. There is a nice scour hole (25 ft) and it comes up nice near the rocky shoreline.

you have got them like right off the access where they launch and stuff...

Quote:

you have got them like right off the access where they launch and stuff...

yep, the rocks make a nice rod holder too grin.gif

hows the walleye fishing in this area

few and far between... i havent had to much luck with the walleyes in that area.

I'll be trying my hand from the landing this friday evening, if any want to join me.