Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sttab

Near state record on the Crow

3 posts in this topic

My brother and I strapped on a pair of waders and took off upstream from where the north fork of the Crow goes under a county road, and were having a good time catching some cats...he landed a real nice carp, and I caught a large golden redhorse, the first i've ever caught...I didn't think too much of it at first, but then I looked up the state record when I got home...It's only 3 lbs 15.5 oz, and my fish was definitely challenging that record...The Crow's a real fun river for catching a lot of cats and other rough fish, but I never see anyone else fishing it.

Anyone here ever fish the Crow and pull anything nice out of it?

I have never heard or seen of a Golden Redhorse? To bad you didn’t have a chance to get a weight of it!!! smile.gif

Check the rough fish tread there is a nice story about the record golden.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Big A
      So, what was YOUR ice show score of the day!? I'm heading down on Sunday to see what scraps I can dig up. Absolutely more excited than I should be considering the only ice I've seen so far is the kind that fits in a glass..
    • monstermoose78
      Seeing it's only your second year find buddy to go with as rock said. I even bring a second set of dry clothes and footwear. I am to big mess with thin ice I need 6 inches as rick said early varies so much so some where there is half as much ice.    Safety gear check include ice cleats as i have seen enough broken arms happen. Check your gear test the vexilar hook it up and turn it on to see if it runs or just hook up the charger. I use the drill plate so I charge all my batteries and with blade protecter on I make sure it works. My little sled is ready to haul my gear.    I go light during early ice so fill so fill up my plactics container and restock my jig boxes. Make sure my set ups have new line and pick my favorite set ups to take with. I can add some photos later 
    • monstermoose78
      Looks like we might have walkable ice in 2 weeks
    • monstermoose78
      Eyeguy with the new auger you got it will buzz through some ice easy as pie no worries
    • eyeguy 54
      p214.  49 bucks on the bay   600 pounds   regular ryobi is 350 pounds