• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone have any advice for someone without a boat. I have been to every lake from St. James to Faribault this year and have very little luck other than crappies in spring. If anyone has any advice or any info on good spots to try I would appreciate it.

Try the I-35 bridge just upstream of the kingmill dam. A perch colored shad rap either #5 or #7 will often hook a few eyes. If not, than night fish with a lindy-rig and leach. wink.gif Only prob. is if your not from the area it may be hard to find the road.

There are nice opportunities for catching fish from shore where the Blue Earth River dumps into the MN River. Heck, even along the MN River between Le Sueur and Mankato can be good.

Cool, Thanks guys. I have tried that area of the river, alot of rough fish. I will have to try it again sometime soon.

TEAM OTTER....these oppertunities would they happen to be on the blue earth or on the minnesota side. I have fished these areas and watched others not get much results.. any relating structure to stick to like sand/much or rock??? time of the day/bait???? any hints would be apprecaited thanks I

also can be reached at [email protected]

The MN side is typically the strongest area for action. Certainly you will have to sort through some rough fish but the 'eyes are there too. Lindy Rigs and creek chubs is a safe bet as is pitchin' large plastics. Focus on the areas with down timber or anything else that may serve as a current break for the fish to take a rest out of the moving water and eat.

I have fished area's like rocks, sand bars and creek mouths with jigs and plastics towards evening with some luck. If you see a rocky ledge along the river bank that would also be a good area to try. Another hint, watch for the baitfish surfacing and jumping in these areas.

Does anyone know of any public gravel pits along highway 90?...my buddy read somewhere that people were catching some decent fish.