Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TN Rick

Records

7 posts in this topic

I have tried unsuccessfully to locate a list of the Record Fish for Rainy Lake (Canadian side). Can anyone provide specifics?

Hi TN RIck,

I'm not aware of official individual records for fish for the Canadian side of Rainy? State records are kept obviously, but providing individual records per lake for a state that boasts 10,000 lakes might not be available.

RD

Thanks . . . had not thought about the number of lakes. We just got back from Birch Point and were wondering what the record Pike, Smallmouth and Walleye were for Rainy.

Fishing was great and we caught some nice fish. It was our third trip and we'll be back next year.

Hi TN Rick,

Glad to hear you had a nice trip!

If you enjoy your summer trip you had ought to try a fall trip or winter. These times are absolutely beautiful here and the fishing is fantastic.

RD

We have actually thought about a fall or early spring trip but some of our party are Wimps and afraid of the weather. May talk them into it one day though.

Our biggest fish were a 3Lb 6oz Smallmouth, 5lb 5oz Walleye and a 10 Lb 11 oz Pike. Not huge, but still had a lot of fun. The weather was a little difficult a couple of days. We still need to lear about Walleye fishing. Caught the ones we got using a Rattle Trap and a drop shot rig. Pike and Small mouth came on Buzz Baits, Dare Devil Spoons.

A great lake to fish with an unlimited number of places to try!

Hey TN Rick,

Those are some nice fish. Hope you can make it up again soon.

RD

we hit the same areas and also had some great fishing. Robin picked up a 37 in Northern, a 27.5 in eye and a 17 in smallie. We had a lot of slot eyes and a lot of 20-25 in eyes. I had a 19 in smallie and bunches of 14-16 in smallmouth and we caught more 20-34 in northern than i ever wanted. TN, maybe we saw you, we stayed at the AMIK Lodge and have a white 16ft Crestliner with a 40 Johnson.