• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Free Agency

maros91

This forum has not had a new topic in awhile so I will start this one. With free agency starting on Sunday who should the Wild go after. I think they need to go after a big defenseman and another scorer, Jason Blake maybe. Maybe he will take a hometown discount, probably not. I heared Alexi Yashin's name floating around. He is not a two way player like Lemaire likes but he would be good on the power play. Lets hope the Wild upgrade over the offseason.

I'd love to see Jason Blake in a Wild jersey. But he may be too expensive to acquire. Todd White left the team yesterday via free agency.

Quote:

I'd love to see Jason Blake in a Wild jersey.

So much for that. Blake signed with the Leafs. Wild haven't got anyone yet. I would love to see Sheldon Souray here. Looks like he rejected 5.5 million a season from the Habs. Might be to spendy for the Wild.

Wild signed Center Steve Kelly and are close to signing Sean Hill originally from Duluth and Ducks signed Todd Bertuzzi.

I see the Wild signed center Eric Belanger who had 17 goals each the last two years and re-signed Wes Walz. I also seen they signed another back up goalie. They must be set at center with Belanger, Walz, Dominic Moore and Mikko Koivu. It would be nice to see them get a vetern name scoring forward. Bill Guerin, maybe Yashin.

I wonder what kind of physical shape Sean Hill will be now that he is not doping up. My concern is that his physical size, possibly smaller from the dope, and age won't be able to hold up with the physical rigors of the nhl. Do you think the dope altered his play, strength, size? Then that would be a waste of money.

Did we sign Sean Hill? If we did I see he is suspended the first 19 games into the season. I heard it would be a one year incentive laiden deal.

Hill is still up in the air-league office is still trying to figure out how to go about his suspension if he gets injured in camp, etc. I heard we signed P.M. Bouchard tonight- not sure how long, though. He is a fun guy to watch with the puck. Kinda like Broten, but faster. Good move, Risebrough!

Also- I think we need size up front over skill, if we ever hope to compete and go deep in the playoffs against the like of Calgary, Anaheim, etc. Their size blew our doors off in that series. Like Bantams playing High School. My humble opinion...

Do you think Wild will give Tyler Hirsch a tryout? I read the article in the Pioneer Press about him. Sounds like he has lots of natural talent with stick handling/passing. If I were the Wild it couldn't hurt to offer him a minor contract and see how he does. Can't be any worse than other first round picks who haven't panned out.

We signed Bouchard to a 1 year deal. Looks like he couldn't get a long term deal done.

Quote:

Do you think Wild will give Tyler Hirsch a tryout? I read the article in the Pioneer Press about him. Sounds like he has lots of natural talent with stick handling/passing. If I were the Wild it couldn't hurt to offer him a minor contract and see how he does. Can't be any worse than other first round picks who haven't panned out.

I hope not. Hirsch had a lot of talent and tons of potential. But he blew it. I'm not trying to be harsh on the guy, but he really does need a psychiatric evaluation before he laces the skates up again.

Love our signings here. Scott Hannan, and Ryan Smyth! Oh and Bertuzzi is a piece of $#!t. Go Av's!

So now that the Wild have finished most or all of their free agent acquisitions, how do you rate them for next year? They lost Todd White. They locked up a few others like Bouchard, Koivu, Walz & Skoula. And added free agents Sean Hill, Eric Belanger and Steve Kelly. And traded Fernandez for Petr Kalus. So did the Wild improve, and will they be better in the West at the end of next year?

They made minor moves. I think the Wild may miss the playoffs next year. Vancouver did nothing and was better than us last year. The Av's upgraded and I think Calgary help themselves a little. Edmonton might finish in the cellar. How good is this Petr Kalus? I heard early on when Boston and Minnesota were talking that Kalus was an untouchable. After seeing what Toskala and Vokoun went for, something like 1st, 2- seconds and a third round pick, leads me to believe that Kalus better be the real deal. Manny for a 4th and Kalus confused.gif He better score 20 goals his first year. I see he is only 20 yrs old. Is he going to start the season in the minors or on the big club?