Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

CatManLee

I see on the USGS site, the river is finally dropping in Grand Forks. Does it look like I could get a boat in the river this weekend either north or south? I suppose the launches are covered in mud?? I need to get over there and get some fishing in...I haven't had a chance to go catfishing this year once yet!

I would love to try it this weekend, but if I have to wait till next weekend to get the boat in, I will. If anyone has any info on what the ramps look like, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks.

hanson

Have fun if you go...

But I hate fishing really high water like that. I'd rather mow the grass and wait for a better day.

CatManLee

I don't like high water much either, but man I got's to go catfishin!!! tongue.gif I didn't go this past weekend, cause the river levels are still too iffy? I am going catfishing this coming weekend though...July 7th & 8th. The USGS site shows levels should be down enough, so I've got my fingers crossed.

I went fishing here in TRF yesterday for a while, but it was somewhat slow. I only caught a couple sheephead and ended up with one 23" Catfish. I did see a guy just down the shore from me catch a Pike measuring about 38" though, so that was cool.

This coming weekend is going to take forever to get here. I'll talk to ya later.

Wiskers

I went fishing on the Red Tuesday Morning.. Water is very good. Not too high and got a few nice fish. They look like they are in full spawn right now but still got some fish.

CatManLee

Cool, thanks for the update. I was in GF yesterday (7/3) and had a chance to look at the river myself. Both landings look really nice and like mentioned the river levels look good too...The north section of river below the dam is a little higher than "normal" still, but not too bad.

I did see a quite a few people out fishing yesterday. It looked like everyone was happy to finally have good river levels and get out.

I'm gonna be over there this weekend, maybe I'll see some of ya'll out and about. Finally!!!

Talk to ya later.

Big Cat Dad

has there even been a league night?

CatManLee

I haven't fished any, but I do believe they have had a few nights out. They do have a website you can check out too at catfishleague (Contact Us Please) com. Are you fishing the Saturday Tournament this year? I plan on being there, I'm fishing it with my 14-year old cousin this year.

hanson

I know they had League a couple times earlier this summer and then they've been cancelled once the water went up. Were some nice fish caught as well.

I won't make the League Tourney this year either. Too much going on. Bunch of us are having a big sandbar, cookout, tip a few back, get together on the Minnesota that day.

Big Cat Dad

Quote:

I haven't fished any, but I do believe they have had a few nights out. They do have a website you can check out too at catfishleague (Contact Us Please) com. Are you fishing the Saturday Tournament this year? I plan on being there, I'm fishing it with my 14-year old cousin this year.

Won't be making it for the league tourney this year. To much $$$ for gas and such. I've already fished in 3 tourneys this year and it's kind of zapped my bank account. Saving up for the Incredible. I'll keep in touch as the tourney approaches.

CatManLee

I hear ya about the high gas prices. I haven't fished a single tournament yet, all of them are still to come.

I went fishing in Grand Forks on Saturday and Sunday (7/7-7/8). Fished on Saturday from 11:00am till 5:00pm and man oh man was it hot!!! used suckers and Gold Eye's. Ended up catching an 18lb Catfish and 6 or 7 catfish under 24"'s. Didn't fish a whole lot, just checked out the river mostly, but every spot I stopped at, I did catch fish.

On Sunday, I didn't get out till almost 4:00pm. It was nice when it wasn't pouring rain! I used Suckers and fished till about 7:30pm. Ended up catching a 10lb and a 15lb Catfish. Plus I caught 2 nice slot fish measuring 23"'s.

It was nice to get out and go catfishing again. I was fishing the north section of the river and it's changed alot since last year.

mrwalleye_13

I need to know some things about shore fishing around grand forks... for cats or walleye.. we tried by the little dam by the red lake river in east grand.. didn't really expect much for walleye results but thats my game and i cant play it cuz i cant afford to drive to devils lake whenever i wanna wet a line. Any tips for W's or else a really hot cat area would be great so i can at least catch the cat fever until school starts up again..

Scoot

Honestly, walleye fishing will be very tough until about Sep. As far as cats from shore goes, some snooping will be in order for you. Try locate snag piles, deep holes, and sharp bends, then get your line wet. In the evenings, I like shallow (2-6 feet) shelves adjacent to deeper water. Fishing might be tough for the next couple weeks due to spawn.