Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CatManLee

Grand Forks Fishing

13 posts in this topic

I see on the USGS site, the river is finally dropping in Grand Forks. Does it look like I could get a boat in the river this weekend either north or south? I suppose the launches are covered in mud?? I need to get over there and get some fishing in...I haven't had a chance to go catfishing this year once yet!

I would love to try it this weekend, but if I have to wait till next weekend to get the boat in, I will. If anyone has any info on what the ramps look like, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Have fun if you go...

But I hate fishing really high water like that. I'd rather mow the grass and wait for a better day.

I don't like high water much either, but man I got's to go catfishin!!! tongue.gif I didn't go this past weekend, cause the river levels are still too iffy? I am going catfishing this coming weekend though...July 7th & 8th. The USGS site shows levels should be down enough, so I've got my fingers crossed.

I went fishing here in TRF yesterday for a while, but it was somewhat slow. I only caught a couple sheephead and ended up with one 23" Catfish. I did see a guy just down the shore from me catch a Pike measuring about 38" though, so that was cool.

This coming weekend is going to take forever to get here. I'll talk to ya later.

I went fishing on the Red Tuesday Morning.. Water is very good. Not too high and got a few nice fish. They look like they are in full spawn right now but still got some fish.

Cool, thanks for the update. I was in GF yesterday (7/3) and had a chance to look at the river myself. Both landings look really nice and like mentioned the river levels look good too...The north section of river below the dam is a little higher than "normal" still, but not too bad.

I did see a quite a few people out fishing yesterday. It looked like everyone was happy to finally have good river levels and get out.

I'm gonna be over there this weekend, maybe I'll see some of ya'll out and about. Finally!!!

Talk to ya later.

has there even been a league night?

I haven't fished any, but I do believe they have had a few nights out. They do have a website you can check out too at catfishleague (Contact Us Please) com. Are you fishing the Saturday Tournament this year? I plan on being there, I'm fishing it with my 14-year old cousin this year.

I know they had League a couple times earlier this summer and then they've been cancelled once the water went up. Were some nice fish caught as well.

I won't make the League Tourney this year either. Too much going on. Bunch of us are having a big sandbar, cookout, tip a few back, get together on the Minnesota that day.

Quote:

I haven't fished any, but I do believe they have had a few nights out. They do have a website you can check out too at catfishleague (Contact Us Please) com. Are you fishing the Saturday Tournament this year? I plan on being there, I'm fishing it with my 14-year old cousin this year.

Won't be making it for the league tourney this year. To much $$$ for gas and such. I've already fished in 3 tourneys this year and it's kind of zapped my bank account. Saving up for the Incredible. I'll keep in touch as the tourney approaches.

I hear ya about the high gas prices. I haven't fished a single tournament yet, all of them are still to come.

I went fishing in Grand Forks on Saturday and Sunday (7/7-7/8). Fished on Saturday from 11:00am till 5:00pm and man oh man was it hot!!! used suckers and Gold Eye's. Ended up catching an 18lb Catfish and 6 or 7 catfish under 24"'s. Didn't fish a whole lot, just checked out the river mostly, but every spot I stopped at, I did catch fish.

On Sunday, I didn't get out till almost 4:00pm. It was nice when it wasn't pouring rain! I used Suckers and fished till about 7:30pm. Ended up catching a 10lb and a 15lb Catfish. Plus I caught 2 nice slot fish measuring 23"'s.

It was nice to get out and go catfishing again. I was fishing the north section of the river and it's changed alot since last year.

I need to know some things about shore fishing around grand forks... for cats or walleye.. we tried by the little dam by the red lake river in east grand.. didn't really expect much for walleye results but thats my game and i cant play it cuz i cant afford to drive to devils lake whenever i wanna wet a line. Any tips for W's or else a really hot cat area would be great so i can at least catch the cat fever until school starts up again..

Honestly, walleye fishing will be very tough until about Sep. As far as cats from shore goes, some snooping will be in order for you. Try locate snag piles, deep holes, and sharp bends, then get your line wet. In the evenings, I like shallow (2-6 feet) shelves adjacent to deeper water. Fishing might be tough for the next couple weeks due to spawn.